Monday, October 13, 2014

Back At It

I'm Back...


So the past month or so I have had some big changes in my life; that being said I have thrown myself into being healthy as can be and pushing myself to the highest limits. The past few weeks I have been hitting the gym non-stop and my parents have always said comments..'What about that fitness blog" I guess I can keep myself accountable now! Maybe a month ago, I weight roughly 132 pounds; I didn't like where my body was headed and I needed to seriously make some changes. I re-vamped my fitness training, dietary habits and I have seen some amazing results thus far. I weighed myself this morning before fasted cardio and I currently weigh 118 pounds. Seems like a lot but I have never felt better.

below I have mapped out my transformation over the past few years!

January 2012 


61 Weeks Ago (August 2013?)




A few weeks ago



1 week ago

So the transformation is apparent? Yes, its getting there!! Some of my friends have been begging me to give them my tips and ideas on how to shed the pounds..My secret? Knowledge. I seriously look up workouts, always am eager to learn how better different areas of my workout as well as my diet. Abs are made in the kitchen not the gym! I am a sugar addict, many of those who know me know I can eat candy for lunch, dinner, even breakfast. These days I have cut out mostly all Sugar from my diet and never drink soda unless it is on my cheat day (rarely!)  I drink a ton of water and portion my meals STILL! I think that is a key to my success! I also do not have any junk food in my apartment and only have NON-GMO products if I am eating processed foods.

On top of my regular job, I also am a Swim Coach at the YMCA. I love love love my job there! Being able to give back to the community as well as teaching kids my favorite sport is almost like spoiling me. I have also recently picked up my old love of Swimming. three days a week I am in the pool at 5AM swimming with a Masters program. It feels invigorating to be back in the pool! I swim about 2-3,000 yards each practice so my body is in constant demand for food. 
Since actively working out once again, I have been sleeping about 7-7.5 hours a night (unless I am too excited to workout the next morning!) I am usually going from about 5am to about 9p.m. and then I am ready for bed. Sleep allows my muscles to rejuvenate; the longer I sleep the less my muscles are sore.

 
Monday- October 13, 2014 

AM Workout
Fasted Cardio (2.0 miles)
- I ended up running around the State Capitol building and incorporated HIT and stairs. 

Breakfast-
1/2 cup of Green Juice (celery, kale, lemon, cucumber)
Coffee
1 Hard Boiled egg
1/2 Banana w/natural PB and cinnamon 
 
Lunch
-green bell peppers
-1/4 cup almonds
-hummus w/home-baked pita bread
-quinoa/brown rice blend
-Greek Yogurt (Light)


Dinner
-Kiwi
-Raspberries
-chicken
-avocado w/lemon
-kale
-long grain & wild rice blend
 

P.M Workout-ARMS/SHOULDERS

Super-sets

 Front Cable Raises                            4 x 10 reps
Standing Dumbbell Upright Row         4 x 10 reps
Drag Curls                                         4 x 10 reps
Cable Rear Deltoid Fly                        4 x 10 reps
Plank Pull-up                                      3 sets to failure
Pull-Ups (Assisted) 40% weight           3 sets to failure

AB Circuit
Plank                                                 1 minute
Side Bridge                                        1 minute each side
Isometric V-UP                                   30 seconds


 
Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.
-Mahatma Gandhi

Make it a great day everyone! :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment