Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Challenges

Tuesday, October 14, 2014 


Today I feel as blah as ever. I worked my arms like no body's business last night so day I am super sore. I didn't get enough sleep so im dragging butt today. It's currently down pouring and although it is 9 AM it feels like 7p.m. with how dark it is out side. I have these days maybe once a week where I either would LOVE to wear sweats to work (impossible I might add). Since I have lost weight, none of my pants fit me anymore so its been a real hot mess this morning!  There is days like this where I face the biggest challenge-lack of sleep and motivation. 



Sometimes we do things that difficult or make a lifestyle change. EEK! Change..it can be a scary thing! For example, starting to train, going back to school, or trying to balance work and family. In the middle of that effort, we often ask, “Why am I doing this?” To each of us, we have a different answer.I keep a white board on my wall with 5 things. 


1. I remind myself why I am doing this--I remind myself, I dont ever want to go back to the poor health choices I was making and this is only going to benefit me. 

2. I take progress pictures----Yes I am a selfie queen, just ask my friends or check out my Instagram. But I take maybe one maybe once a week to see how much progress I have made. By seeing the positive changes, this instills confidence and motivation that I need

3.  I reward myself once a week---Usually my food intake is severely strict. Not exaggerating. Once a week i usually indulge in something I normally wouldn't. Since I have stopped eating candy or drinking soda, it is hard for me to enjoy that now when most of the time I have so much motivation to stick to my plan. 

4. Music is critical-I am a music junkie; If i could listen to music all the time I would. I constantly am looking for music that I can listen to on repeat and will never stop me from slowing down while I am in the gym. A few are at the top of my repeat songs. Check them out!

1. Ready for Action by Alvaro & Joey Dale (UNREAL how good this song is)
2. Work Hard, Play Hard by Wiz Khalifa 
3. Thunder by W&W 
4. Animals by Maroon 5
5. Blame (feat. John Newman) by Calvin Harris


5. I check out Instagram pictures/Videos of those who are role models--I always am looking for new exercises,  and i think to myself--If they can do it, Why cant I!


Make it a great day everyone
 

No comments:

Post a Comment