Tuesday, February 25, 2014

10,000 Steps and Counting

Goal: push myself more in gym and focus on doing perfect form. 

Workout 


I woke up at 6:15 and went to the gym from 6:45-7:30. A big improvement from yesterday already. Today I did about 30 minutes on the treadmill with 1 minute all out running and then did about 1 minute of brisk walking to get my heart rate down just a little. I then did squat jumps and the stair master for 10 minutes. It was a great workout. I absolutely feel more confident and feeling my self esteem gradually come back! Not only do I feel great throughout the day I feel like I have accomplished something. 



10,000 steps and counting

Today I decided to see how many steps I took during the day using a app on my phone. Growing up I had always heard about needing to do 10,000 steps a day. It actually started in Japan and they told people they needed to walk over 10,000 steps in a day as a measure to sell more pedometers!! Today I measured up to about 4000 steps. I didn't count the 30 minute cardio session today. That would have made a different substantially. I realized just how important it is to be in shape and continuously moving will help one stay healthy. Main lesson today is focusing on accountability  WE all are busy! It is just the world we live in. It starts with that want to change; that feeling that your sick of living the way you have been. Being healthy is crucial to live a longer life! It's never too late to eat healthy and work out. 


Breakfast 9 a.m.




Jam packed smoothie with Kale, blueberries, pineapple, little whole milk, strawberries, vanilla yogurt. I also had two egg whites. 



Lunch 1 p.m. 



Had a great lunch! I had some jerky, banana, tomatoes, Almond peanut butter, and sunflower seeds and walnuts. I found that if I drank some tea 30 minutes before I ate lunch and I felt much more full. I am realizing that I don't need to eat such a huge meal! It all comes down to what you eat and how you eat it. I make sure to savor each bite :) this not only helps me be in the moment, but it also fills me up faster. 

Dinner 6 p.m.



After a hard day of work and fitness mania, I made sure to stock up on lot of green goodness! I had some more kale, avocado, EVOO, broccoli, edamame, chicken and carrots. I an honestly say I love eating like this!


Today Goal: Achieved

Today was a great day! I was able to push myself in the gym like I have never done before. I brought my speakers down and played my gym play list and I had a blast being in the zone!! The positiveness that comes from being healthy is such a motivational factor in my life. Tomorrow I am going to take a rest day in the A.M and then workout in the afternoon before I meet a friend out for dinner!!!! :) I have a really busy day tomorrow so I will have a shorter blog! Stay warm wherever you are! its -11 here!!! 


*peace and blessings*

Luciana Reichel





No comments:

Post a Comment