Thursday, February 27, 2014

Fired Up...Feels Good!

Goal: Get through this loooooooon day! 







This morning I had a reality check on a) I am not getting any younger b) my body needed more rest and c) I woke up late and didn't get to eat the breakfast I wanted to. I made a healthy smoothie jam packed with goodness and flavor and brought some organic oatmeal with chia and flax seeds in it. Lot of people have been asking me to share some thoughts on how I stay healthy and meal prep guides! 



Food


We each are very different when it comes to the foods we like to consume throughout our day! While yours might be different I will layout each meal time (breakfast, lunch, dinner) that include foods that are particularly great for your body if you want to lose weight and also be healthy. 

Breakfast Foods

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day! We have heard it all before.I have listed a couple of foods I eat throughout the week that are high in protein and other antioxidants that help me stay focused through the day and gives me healthy benefits. Granted there are so many other choices for breakfast these are the ones I eat and recommend. Stay away from Juices (unless you have a juicer) because these tend to have high sugar content and high count of carbohydrates. Get into the habit of reading labels and if there is more than 5 ingredients then it is a processed food.


Egg whites-->I usually have two per morning; huge protein here!
Raspberries-->These are jam packed with Fiber
Oatmeal-->has tons of fiber and helps you feel full longer!!!
Greek Yogurt-->packed with protein (best kind if plain & some fruit!)
Grape Fruit-->immunity boosting oxidants
Bananas-->Helps curb cravings for those fatty foods
Almond Butter-->Just discovered this gem! Filled with good fats and protein
Blueberries-->Antioxidants galore! These help your memory, and metabolism
Strawberries-->1 cup of strawberries=full intake of Vitamin C
Tea--> less caffeine than coffee, and hydrates you in many ways


Lunch Foods

Quinoa--> this grain is packed with 24g of protein per cup & super healthy
Salads-->Be creative, know what your eating, you should strive to hit protein, complex carbs, and fiber!
Edamame-->packed with 17g of protein per cup, sprinkle some soy sauce and some sea salt and enjoy!
Wraps-Use your imagination, try to use wheat wrap add some hummus, turkey and avocado=goodness in your mouth! 
Tuna-->great in moderation, you don't need a whole lot of fish but can of tuna is packed with a whopping 39g of protein!!!!
Avocado-->Great in sandwiches, salads, or just by itself. This super food is packed with good fats, and vitamin C.




Dinner Foods

Broccoli-->I steam my broccoli (I but it frozen) A lot of vitamins packed in to this super green machine
Chicken-->I have chicken every night.There are many ways to cook chicken, my preference is to bake it in the oven or my crock pot! This meat has 0 carbohydrates (yay) and is packed with protein. 
Kale-->An acquired taste, this vegetable is loaded with Vitamin B-6 and Vitamin A. Sometimes I place avocado on top and sprinkle some EVOO and black pepper, takes away from the nasty flavor
Brown Rice-->common food among those who lift, this grain is packed with carbohydrates for energy 
Spinach--> This plant has barely any carbs or fats! It is jam packed with vitamin A and Vitamin C. 


Meal Prepping

For me, I always do my meal prepping on Sundays! It makes your week easier and you are able to set aside time on important things than worrying about food. I always go grocery shopping on Sunday. I write down each food group I am going to target for that week and then I see what I could make when combining food groups. I never go shopping on an empty stomach because then I will have more of a chance to spend money on food I want at that present moment rather than being smart. Buy baggies! They will help in the long run. Each night I pack my lunch and sometimes I will make sure I have it all labeled. I usually workout in the morning (fasted cardio is the best!) and then strive to eat egg whites and some tea. I don't eat snacks between meals and try to drink about 1 water bottle an hour. 

 


Goal: achieved
Today was an extremely long day for but I got through it! I am so tired I am going to get to bed early and workout tomorrow! Tomorrow is a cheat day for me but that doesn't mean anything! I am still going to workout in the morning. :)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment